Hook: Size 10 or 12 barbless dry fly hook
Thread: UNI-Thread 8/0 Pumpkin
Body: UNI Axxel 6 glitter thread in orange
Wing: 3 turns of Partridge Feather
- Tie on thread and take to just before the hook bend.
- Tie in the Axxel glitter thread and take thread back to just before the hook eye.
- Take Axxel thread up to just before the hook eye and tie in with the thread, snip off excess.
- Tie in Partridge feather, snip off excess and wind around hook 3 or 4 times, depending on size of wing required.
- Tie in the wing with the thread and snip off excess feather.
- Build up a nice head to the hook eye.
- Cover the head with a coat of varnish
Must say they are really cracking flies for catching fish.
TSF Publications Limited